[whatwg] SRC Vs. HREF

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:00:21 -0800, Alexey Feldgendler
<alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:19:22 +0600, Sander Tekelenburg
> <tekelenb at euronet.nl> wrote:
>
>> Just a thought: perhaps applicable elements (those with a non-empty
>> title
>> attribute) could have an optional src attribute containing a URL to the
>> remote document?

>> src="http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/">DHD</abbr>
>> and so Hammond ordered the iris to be opened.</p>
>
> HREF attribute is more appropriate here, IMO.

Sander, I like your idea. It seems very easy for designers and developers
to learn how to use it because it takes something that is already
familiar, and reuses it in a similar way. It's a smart idea.

I agree with Alexey. I think that it would make more sense to use HREF
because it becomes even more familiar. I'm used to thinking of HREF as
something that takes me to another place, and SRC as something that brings
something here.

Would it be appropriate to allow designers and developers to use SRC in
<LINK>? For example:

<LINK SRC="MyStylesheet.css">

as opposed to:

<LINK HREF="MyStylesheet.css">

In the long run, if it becomes possible to easily make other elements
linkable, then the learning curve would be much lower.

I'm just thinking out loud.

Comments? Questions?

--
Sincerely, and with thanks,