[whatwg] Web Apps 1.0 Minor Editorial

From: Aankhen <aankhen@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 02:45:22 +0530
On 2/24/06, Michael 'Ratt' Iannarelli <mcratt at itctel.com> wrote:
> I suggest two sentences, (I feel it is easier to read):
>
> Only attributes actually defined to exist by specifications implemented
> by the UA (e.g. HTML, Web Forms 2, Web Apps) are actually registered,
> however. If, for example, an author created an onfoo attribute, it would
> not be fired for foo events.

Your changes make sense to me, FWIW.  One thing that seems peculiar
(in the unchanged part of it) is the "actually defined to exist" bit.
Isn't that redundant?  Wouldn't the same meaning be conveyed without
saying "to exist"?

I understand that we're talking about a specification and so the
language must be precise.  Keeping that warning in mind, I propose the
Earth-shaking alteration of dropping "to exist" from the sentence, so
that it reads:

Only attributes actually defined by specifications implemented by the
UA (e.g. HTML, Web Forms 2, Web Apps) are actually registered,
however.  If, for example, an author created an onfoo attribute, it
would not be fired for foo events.

Aankhen
--
"Why don't you go on a diet!"
"Because I like to eat!  Is that a crime?"