[whatwg] getElementsByClassName()

From: ROBO Design <robodesign@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:55:50 +0200
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:14:18 +0200, Brad Fults <bfults at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/5/06, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
<...>

> If this is anywhere in the near future, I'm all for dropping
> getElementsByClassName() in favor of this broader solution. But if
> this is high in the sky and won't be seen for years to come, I'll take
> the former sooner.

Everybody, of course, would favour the broader solution. Yet, as you
stated, if getElementsBySelector() won't come soon, then
getElementsByClassName() would be a welcomed addition.

> What will it take to kick start the process for
> getElementsBySelector()? I suppose a few browser implementations would
> be good fuel.

Yes, that would certainly be a good fuel, but it will take some time.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future