[whatwg] Update to the Adoption Agency Algorithm

What I want to know is:  if the "cloned" node has an id attribute, and id is meant to be unique, then how do we resolve this conflict?  I mention this because bad html and duplicate id's in documents have caused havoc when trying to build javascript applications.

-Todd Blalnchard

-----Original Message-----
From: whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org [mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Ian Hickson
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 6:12 PM
To: whatwg at whatwg.org
Subject: [whatwg] Update to the Adoption Agency Algorithm

Just a note to those of you who reviewed the new parsing rules yesterday:
I changed them today to take into account some feedback from Hyatt.
Basically the old algorithm was creating too many nodes. This is now fixed, the algorithm only moves the nodes that are being closed, not the other inlines it happens to cross.

   http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#closing

Cheers,