[whatwg] [uf-discuss] Comments from IBM/Lotus rep about Microformats

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:12:38 -0500
Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> In a world in which one CAN consider adding alternative
> attributes (HTML 5, etc.), it makes no sense to me one would
> simply say "no."

[I'm cross posting to uf-discuss and whatwg because Bruce's comment was made
on uf-discuss but I've made the same point on WHATWG.]

Bruce, I agree with you completely. But Ian Hickson has said that AFAHK that
there was no cry for additional attributes on the uf-discuss list, And Ian
also said he saw no need for them after I requested to get several
attributes added to the list of attributes applicable to all elements, i.e.
abbr, href, name, rel, rev, scope, size, src, type, and value.

I hadn't had the chance to ask the uf-discuss list about this, so now is a
perfect time.   What about adding additional standard attributes to all
elements.  Would it be helpful?

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/