[whatwg] Graceful Degradation and Mime Types [was: trailing slash]

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 00:48:38 -0500
>> Consequently these systems implement some sort of
>> markdown format that's simpler and allows users to
>> enter data in plain text or increasingly with a WYSIWYG
>> editor. All that's needed is for these systems to generate
>> valid markup, and we're done. Mot users don;t need to
>> know any details of this.

Not all use markdown, many allow HTML, especially blogs.  And the more I've
thought about it, the more I think markdown might be a bad idea (future blog
post planned on that topic, once I've crystalized my full thoughts on the
matter.)

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/

P.S. If markdown IS the answer, I think the W3C needs to define a standard
for such markdown.  There are too many competiting implementations for
userrs to learn today.