[whatwg] href on any element

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> If yes then let it be just :
>>
>> <section href="...">
>>  <h2>...
>> </section>
>
> But that isn't backwards compatible.

Neither is <a> around table cells or list items.

Personally, I like the semantics of href on any element. "This element is a
link" seems cleaner than "Here is a link element that surrounds some other
element or text content". Assuming no one does find a backwards-compatible way
to link any element, I'd prefer going forwards with href applying to everything.

(Note that I haven't thought about it much, though, and I do have a vague hazy
memory of not liking something about the way XHTML 2 is doing it. I would
definitely want more thought put into it than I have.)

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>