[whatwg] image captions

From: Michel Fortin <michel.fortin@michelf.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:42:42 -0400
Le 12 avr. 2006 ? 14:02, Ben Meadowcroft a ?crit :

> I'd prefer using a caption element, even if it isn't backwards
> compatible.
> However as an alternative why not reuse the label element?

Apparently, the label element used outside a fieldset has the same
problems as caption outside a table (not present in the DOM,
impossible to style). At least on Gecko and WebKit.

I've updated my test cases with a figure using the legend element and
added a stylesheet to set color of caption and legend elements to
better demonstrate that it doesn't work in HTML; with XML it works
fine however.

<http://www.michelf.com/docs/figure.html>
<http://www.michelf.com/docs/figure.xml>

Michel Fortin