[whatwg] [wf2] repeat-min and max

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:02:18 +0300
On Apr 7, 2006, at 00:11, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Section 3.4.
>
> "The repeat-min attribute specifies the number of repetition blocks
> that the remove button type will ensure are present each time a
> block is removed. Its value must be a positive integer (one or more
> digits 0-9 interpreted as a base ten number). If the attribute is
> omitted or if it has an invalid value then it is treated as if its
> value was zero."
>
> Is zero intentionally excluded from the permissible values?
> Wouldn't it be more natural to spec the integer to be non-negative?

I hit the counterpart issue with repeat-max at:
http://webforms2.testsuite.org/repetition/attributes/repeat-max/001.htm

The test case is wrong according to the current working draft,
because the value of repeat-max is '0' in the test case and only
positive integers are allowed values (and other values are ignored).

Even though repeat-max='0' does not make sense if the value
permanently forbids repetition, wouldn't it make sense to allow non-
negative integers so that repetition could be dynamically forbidden
or allowed by changing the attribute value?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/