[whatwg] On tag inference

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:04:42 +0300
On Sep 1, 2005, at 20:48, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> End tag inference
> head: ANY BUT script, style, meta, link, object, title, isindex, base

I added bgsound to the elements that do not close head.

> Start tag inference
> Is this correct for *conforming* documents (ie. without residual
> style, etc.)?

I have now implemented the scheme I previously described. I have also
implemented attribute value case folding based on solely the attribute
name (ie. the element on which the attribute appears is not
considered). I tweaked the permissible unquoted attribute values to
match HTML 4.01.

The new version of my experimental parser is now runnable as part of
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi