[whatwg] Some likeness of DOM Session scope

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Robert Sayre wrote:

> Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> > Ian Hickson wrote:
> > > Anyone have any concrete proposals? :-)
>
> http://www.crockford.com/JSON/index.html ?

It turns out that the way I ended up defining this, I didn't need to
describe the back-end serialisation format. However, JSON does seem like a
good candidate for a storage format for people implementing this API,
indeed. (Although JSON doesn't support E4X or DOM nodes as yet.)

> > If an app spans several pages with distinct URL's, but is stateful in
> > such a way that pages are dependent on local state generated on
> > earlier pages, it gets very fragile. We might start to see lots of
> > "You seem to be visiting this page out of context" messages on Google
>
> Might be nice to add the ability to tie the objects to a given
> transaction by associating a POE URI with them:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-http-poe-00.txt

I looked at this but could not immediately work out how to leverage this
idea in the context of HTML5, unfortunately. Do you know if any work is
being done on POEs still?