[whatwg] Buttons that run EXE's

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 01:02:49 +1000
mark albert wrote:
> I am having trouble making my buttons run the EXE's associated with them.
>
> The exe's are simple DOS commands too.

If you're trying to execute a file on the user's computer, you can't.
That would be a major security risk.  If you're trying to execute a
program (who's file name ends in .exe) on the server after form
submission, then you need to set the form's action attribute to point to
it's URI, and configure your server properly.  In any case, this sounds
more like a "how to..." question, and I fail to see how it's relevant to
the WHATWG list.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/