[whatwg] <a href="" ping="">

From: Mike Dierken <mdierken@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:00:12 -0700

> To get around this whole issue we could just use a totally
> new HTTP method (other than "GET" or "POST").  Maybe "PING".
Cross-site POSTing is generally handled already. Self-site POSTing is the
problem of the site operator (e.g. a shared hosting environment like
Geocities, where the domain name is shared among many questionable authors.)

The intent of tracking a user's attention (their click activity) genuinely
deserves POST. I have retracted my original concerns.