[whatwg] <a href="" ping="">

From: ROBO Design <robodesign@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:11:06 +0300
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 03:47:56 +0300, Mike Dierken <mdierken at hotmail.com>
wrote:

<...>

> How about not putting this notification URI in the anchors at all - what
> about putting some metadata in the <head> element that indicates that
> /all/
> links clicked should send a notification to the indicated service?
>
> <head>
>  <link href="http://myattention.org/dierken" rev="attention-tracker" />
> </head>

This is an interesting suggestion. Yet, you should keep in mind that by
using your technique you give up all the advantages offered by ping= for
each link. I mean, with your technique *all* links are tracked by a set of
servers, but with ping= you can pick the one you want and each link can
have different trackers.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future