[whatwg] Web Apps 1.0: On-line help

> On Sun, 8 May 2005, Ben Meadowcroft wrote:
> >
> > There are two types of help that I think are appropriate for web
> > applications, full page help and element sensitive help.
>
> The problem with both is discoverability. Unless we can solve that, there
> is not much point having anything in the spec.

For the context sensitive one we use CSS with a cursor:help  that's
the way we usually implement it from a visible perspective, I'm not
sure if there's particular value in defining an attribute to take the
help contents though, especially as this would mean it couldn't then
have mark-up, which most of the context help systems I've done do use.

adding in a link rel of help would seem a pretty low rent thing to
define, how that may be exposed in a UI though I'm less clear, I don't
like the idea of adding it to the  browsers regular help chrome -
there needs to be a distinction between browser and web-application.

Jim.