[whatwg] Drag and drop in HTML5

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 21:54:19 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:

> [...]

So to summarise, you want a way to make a drag operation initiated on one
element cause a number of elements to simultaneously be dragged.

I see the use for that. As far as the mail case goes, I would imagine that
would be done via a <datagrid> which would support dragging natively, so
that would be a different problem. But I could see it being possible for
groups of DOM nodes as well.

My proposal for doing that would be to have a way in ondragstart to say
"...and by the way, also drag all these elements at the same time".

As in:

   function dragStartHandler(e) {
      e.dataTransfer.addElement(e.target.nextSibling.nextSibling);
   }

...or something.