[whatwg] Drag and drop in HTML5

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > Selectable hasn't yet been discussed (I could be convinced that that is
> > presentational, actually).
>
> I don't think it is. Consider selecting options in a select-control.
> This is clearly semantic information. How selection is performed (mouse
> click, tab to element and press space, shouting the label on the
> element) is media dependent.

I meant text selection. Marking an entire element as selected would be
done the same way as marking an element as checked, as disabled, and so
forth; namely, using an API that lets you specifically label elements as
being in that state as in:

   myDiv.isSelected = true;

...or something like that. There is the (very poor) beginnings of such a
proposal in the Web Controls draft at the moment. It's a custom controls
issue, IMHO.