[whatwg] Drag and drop in HTML5

On 4 May 2005 at 22:51, Ian Hickson wrote:

> - Dragging items to classify them. I could see you dragging items from
>   a list of items in a shopping mall interface to a virtual shopping
>   cart, or dragging them out from there to a wishlist. Another example of
>   this is dragging cards (between piles) in a card game.

Or dragging E-mails to folders in a webmail service..

One of the issues here is that there ought to be a way to drag a
collection of elements that aren't necessarily siblings in the DOM.
Perhaps a way to specify a "drag-group" to say that certain elements
considered draggable should be dragged together.

<foo onclick="
if( ! this.draggable ){
   this.draggable = true;
   dragGroup = mailBucket;
 }else
   this.draggable = false;
" >

 A DragGroup object would be a sort of nodelist.. Perhaps something
like "myDragGroup.add(this);" would be more logical? Or perhaps just
assign a specific ID string..?
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/