[whatwg] [wa1] 2.5.1. The p element

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> For a poem whitespace can be quite important. I think PRE would be much
> better for poems in general.

That varies very much from poem to poem. Most are not white-space
significant (apart from newlines).

> About the examples, why not use some Lorum Ipsum <http://lipsum.com/>

I would like the examples to be "real" examples, if possible.

> Also, abusing P for grouping form controls seems just odd.

It's not an abuse. Form controls grouped together is a kind of "thematic
grouping", which is what the <p> element is defined to do, in WA1.

> That does not add any semantics.

Not sure what you mean here. It adds the semantic that the controls in the
paragraph are related, are one unit. How else would you convey this?

> And if we want it, it should be explicitly stated in the specification.

It is. "A paragraph [...] can also be used for more general thematic
grouping. For instance, an address is also a paragraph, as is a part of a