[whatwg] Repetition Model

Jim Ley wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:53:54 +0000, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
>
>>Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
>>I've been working on perfecting this technique. There is a way to
>>disable it once each element has been checked.
>

> There is?  See the clj thread I quoted elsewhere, whilst it's possible
> it's not immediately after the element has been checked.

there are ways. See this page:

http://dean.edwards.name/my/misbehaviors/

I have two solutions both very similar to this.

>>It is still an acceptable compromise to require the author to attach
>>this behavior.
>

> I don't agree with this at all, we want an abstraction layer, we don't
> want authors having to do anything, we also want this to be
> implementable in a plugin in IE, not just in author provided scripts.

Sure. But they have to do something already. They have to install HTCs
on their server and link to them somehow using CSS. Ideally that will be
a single-line inclusion of a style sheet. My point is, in extreme cases
where performance needs to tweaked, we suggest the following change:

* {
  behavior: expression(...);
}

==>

tr.example {
  behavior: expression(...);
}

it's a performance tweak that *could* be made. It is not a requirement.

-dean