[whatwg] [wf2] 8.1. Relation to the CSS3 User Interface module

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:22:16 +0100
Ian Hickson wrote:
>> :default - this psuedo-class should match more than just the inital
>> submit button. (I assume it also matches when that button is
>> disabled?)
>
> Since there is no way to determine (e.g. from the DOM) which elements
> were originally selected, I don't see any way to define this. I also
> question the usefulness of that -- GUIs, at least those I have seen,
> don't highlight the original selection in that way.

Perhaps the CSS3 User Interface module should be changed a bit then, to
quote[1]:

# The :default selector applies to the one or more UI elements that are
# the default among a set of similar elements. Typically applies to
# context menu items, buttons and select lists/menus.
#
# One example is the default submit button among a set of buttons.
# Another example is the default option from a popup menu. Multiple
# elements in a select-many group could have multiple :default
# elements, like a selection of pizza toppings for example.

[1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#pseudo-default>

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>