[whatwg] "canvas" tag and animations ?

From: Dean Edwards <dean@edwards.name>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:08:59 +0100
Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

>>From what I undestood (from what Sjoerd Visscher was saying), is that
> there is no need for "drawing transactions" because of the way things
> are done with JavaScript and the DOM.

Thanks for the very good explanation of "drawing transaction". I wasn't
entirely sure what Sjoerd meant and wanted some clarity. I'd still like
to know what is meant by "when the script is done". This seems to imply
that there is a transaction of some sort. I think it really depends on
what he means by "script" in this context. The reason I ask for
clarification of these terms is because I'm thinking of how it might be
implemented on Internet Explorer. So I'm interested when changes should
be applied. I assumed that changes were applied immediately any of the
drawing methods were called. Am I missing something?

-dean