[whatwg] Re: several messages about Web Forms 2

From: <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:45:24 +0200
Quoting Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>:
> But if you actually _set_ the size="" attribute to -1 it turns into 0, go
> figure.

Ugh, I'll file a bug.

>> What exactly should happen here:
>>  <http://annevankesteren.nl/test/html/wf2/select/007>
>
> FAIL. Or at least I assume so. I haven't really changed anything from the
> DOM2 HTML specs as far as <select> goes (including trying to clarify
> things).

Only Firefox shows FAIL. Both Opera and IE show nothing. Which seems to
reflect
more what the specification currently says: "Setting the value or
selectedIndex
DOM attributes to values that do not correspond to any of the actual values of
the select element must unselect any selected options."

I have a question about that though. What are "actual values of the select
element". That seems to be undefined. I guess what it means is the values of
all OPTION element children either specified as contents or through the value
DOM/HTML attribute of those elements. (And that normative and fancy.)

> Defined (thanks to Bjoern for some pointers).

Nice, now the term in the contentEditable specification is ok as well (as it
will refer to this definition, eventually) :-)