[whatwg] [wf2] seeding SELECT with ambiguous XML

From: <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:25:06 +0200
Quoting Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>:
>> Say I load this file through a DATA attribute of a SELECT element:
>>
>> <xh:select xmlns:xh="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
>>  <xh:option>FAIL</xh:option>
>>  <foo xmlns="tag:example.org,2005:/test">
>>   <xh:option selected="selected">PASS</xh:option>
>>  </foo>
>> </xh:select>
>>
>> Should it say PASS? Is it undefined? Is there a specification which
>> defines this?
>
> It should do exactly the same as if that markup was included directly
> inside an XHTML file; the data="" attribute is not relevant here.

Same for a text/html file? Sorry for not being more specific the first
time. I'm
especially wondering how the namespace handling should go inside text/html
documents. I know that text/html documents should basically be
considered to be
inside the XHTML namespace but should do be treated as XML documents as well?
 From a DOM point of view?