[whatwg] [html5] window.print() undefined

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> >
> > However, I think am starting to see what you're seeing. Basically, your
> > approach is to provide all content in the DOM tree and then flip
> > switches as needed to present it to various media types. Right?
>
> Right.

This is flawed though, as it requires all the content to be in the
page, including media-specific content. CSS cannot remove content, CSS
is optional, consider:

This page <span id="viewed">viewed</span><span
id="printed">printed</span> on ...

This is a contrived example of how people want web-applications to
have media specific content - printed media particularly, although it
would also apply to web applications deployed over interactive voice
systems, but it shows how relying on optional methods to change
content is simply flawed.

Jim.