[whatwg] WA1: <meta> attribute requirements

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:57:03 +0200
Ian Hickson:
> The difficulty is in walking the fine line between useful and
> over-constrained. For example, the fact that <ol></ol> is invalid in HTML4
> is a real problem.

Well,

is not invalid. An empty list doesn't make any sense otherwise, IMHO, so
it's sensible to require at least one 'li' child. Actually I would have
made some content models rather stricter than looser.
I think both, hard-coded and script-generated markup?, have to be valid.
Of course the latter may be invalid during steps in the script's run,
but not after it finishes.

? Or the markup infered from the script-altered DOM tree.