[whatwg] [html5] window.print() undefined

Dean Edwards wrote:
> Fair enough. But in all the browsers I've tried when "Print Preview" is
> selected the normal browser window disappears and is replaced with a new
> window to show the preview. This is not instantaneous. The WHATWG takes
> notice of real-world browsers does it not?

FWIW, in IE the browser window does not disappear, the (modal) print
preview window is just placed on top of it. It seems that the print
preview is not really an alternate view of the document but rather a
snapshot taken the moment the preview window was created.

If the underlying document is changed (e.g. by a timer) while the print
preview window is open, these changes are not reflected neither in the
preview not in the printed page. This seems sensible, but also means
that there must be two seperate DOM's, one for the document, and one for
the print preview. (The same seems to be the case in Mozilla, although
the browser page is never visible while in print preview mode.)

/olav