[whatwg] Suggesting a 'transpose' Attribute for Tables

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:29:34 +0200
Dear WHAT-WG,

both table models, HTML and CSS, are row-centric, i.e. sequential data
is shown horizontally. Sometimes the opposite is desired. Therefore I
wonder if it was feasible to add a "boolean" 'transpose' attribute to
the 'table' element type? With it set, a table would be rendered
column-progressive despite 'tr' meaning "table row"; it includes the
row-groups ('thead', 'tfoot' and 'tbody'). Actually I am not sure
whether it is not too presentational and thus would better be done in CSS.

	Christoph P?per