[whatwg] [html5] dom attributes

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:22:17 +0200
Quoting Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger at web.de>:

> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Certain DOM attributes such as the href DOM attribute[1] are implemented
>> differently than specified. The attribute is implemented as to return a
>> resolved link, not as equivalent to the href HTML attribute.
>
> The "reflect" link links to
> http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#reflect which does say
> that URI attributes are returned resolved.

Ah, you're right. I should have read the whole section, not just the first
paragraph.

I was also asking it because IE does not resolve all URI DOM attribute values.
For example the action DOM attribute:
<http://annevankesteren.nl/test/dom/003>.
Firefox (1.8b3) and Opera (8) do resolve it. Not sure about Firefox 1.0.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>