[whatwg] Input type=date UI discussion

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:14:53 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Dean Edwards wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > It's not a text box, it's an input type=datetime (say), I'm asking is
> > if that should act the same as a text box w.r.t. to enter submitting
> > the form?
>
> I think that is what it says in the spec. Ian?

I don't really know what Jim meant (his question isn't comprehensible
English) but at a guess, if he was asking whether pressing Enter in a date
field should cause submission, that is up to the UA, as is IMHO quite
clearly stated in the spec:

   http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#enter-submit

The spec just makes sure to define the behaviour in the case where it does
happen, without limiting the cases where it may happen.