[whatwg] [html5] STYLE and SCRIPT elements should not be closed at </

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:36:06 -0500, J. King <mtknight at dark-phantasy.com>
wrote:

> Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that prevent it from being an XML
> application as well?  I thought XML too great pains to be compatible
> with SGML.  If such a change would not prevent a hypothetical HTML 5
> from being a conformant XML application, why can the rules not be
> expressed in SGML?

Never mind.  I had a moment of vacuousness there; I should have
remembered, of course, that HTML and XHTML are not identical in their
handling of those elements.

--
J. King
http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/