[whatwg] [web-apps] Ability to treat transparent part of element transparent to events

Jim Ley wrote:
> Perhaps I've misunderstood what the OP was asking for then, he wants
> some elements to be able to simply not recieve events (ie don't
> participate in the bubble etc. ?)  As the only situation where partial
> transparency was relevant to events were pointing ones to me.
>
> And anything event related is a behavioural style.
>
> Perhaps he could clarify?

    No, I think that was what he was talking about. I was expanding that
to the more general idea of what the actual shape of the element is in
the presentation. So, for instance, if later we add a CSS property to
add shadows, glows, bevels, et cetera, those new properties can build on
this.