[whatwg] Menus, fallback, and backwards compatibility: ideas wanted

From: Alexey Feldgendler <alexey@feldgendler.ru>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:12:24 +0600
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:03:09 +0600, Aankhen <aankhen at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thus again it is an issue of Microsoft's relative monopoly in the
>> browser world. But I don't see many people arguing to declare CSS
>> dead just because IE's CSS support sucks. So why should we look that
>> way at LINK?

> It may just be me, but I perceive a great deal of difference between
> "IE supports CSS poorly" and "IE doesn't support CSS at all", only the
> latter of which seems relevant in the context of the `link` element.

Here is a practical question: does IE show <link>ed URIs in its Links
panel? (And does IE have a Llinks panel which shows all hyperlinks found
on the page?) As I'm under Linux, I can't easily check.

If IE shows <link>ed URIs in the Linux panel, it means that IE supports
<link> is some way.

-- Opera M2 9.0 TP1 on Debian Linux 2.6.12-1-k7
* Origin: X-Man's Station at SW-Soft, Inc. [ICQ: 115226275]
<alexey at feldgendler.ru>