[whatwg] [wf2] maxlength attribute on file causes problems

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvord@hallvord.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:56:38 +0100
On 15 Dec 2005 at 22:48, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Hallvord R M Steen wrote:
> >
> > Some websites use "maxlength" attributes on file inputs. Of the more
> > important ones, GMX.de's webmail AFAIK uses a maxlength=255 for their
> > attachment form

> Have you tried contacting the sites in question?

Yes, and of course Opera has excellent "site patching" opportunities
[1] if they don't change it so for us it isn't much of a problem. I
am still worried about this since we've found two relatively
important sites already. I think the feature is nice but would vote
for naming the attribute "filesize" instead.

[1] Opera's site patching documented:
http://www.opera.com/docs/browserjs/
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen