[whatwg] [wf2] Restrict template attributes to only fieldset, tr, and li?

From: Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:32:25 +0100
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:29:20 +0100, dolphinling
<dolphinling at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> What exactly is it useful for? Maybe my mind's being constrained by what
> I see it as currently, but I can't think of any cases where you'd want
> to let a user cause parts of a document to be repeated.

I'm thinking about using it without user interaction to dynamically
(JavaScript) build lists of repeating items from a template. Imagine a RSS
reader that populates items from JavaScript. Having the markup as a
template in the markup seems cleaner than building it up using DOM from
the JavaScript code. I'm not really sure if it would give any benefits
though. A designer would still need to modify JavaScript if he changes the
markup.

The movement of repetition blocks also makes sense for ordering content
without form elements.

--
Cheers,

- Gorm Eriksen