[whatwg] XHTML Considered Harmful

Brad Neuberg wrote:
> The post is basicly a list of reasons
> on the mistakes and problems with XHTML and why the
> XHTML religion is impeding progress on the web.
In my opinion you fail to make the latter point clear. The only thing I
read in the blogpost is:
- XHTML doesn't fit in the way you're used to develop for the web (1,2,3)
- You've spotted some problems with the current state of the
implementations (4,5,6)
- You're irritated by the advocates (7,8)

Most of these problems affect you, only if you were forced to develop
XHTML pages (which you are most likely not). Visiting XHTML pages can be
just as cumbersome as visiting HTML4 when the developer of the page
didn't do some proper testing and bugfixing before publishing his page.
Furthermore I tend to agree with the 2nd comment [1] on your blog.

- Bram!

P.S. Messy quotes at the bottom of a mail indeed are considered harmful :)

[1]
http://codinginparadise.org/weblog/2005/08/xhtml-considered-harmful.html#c112534835130697531