[whatwg] Pattern Hint

Dean Edwards wrote:
> I know this has been suggested before, and was rejected, but I would quite
> like to see a "pattern hint" attribute added to Web Forms 2.0. With more
> complex input controls we should spare a thought for the poor user.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#the-pattern

   # Authors should include a description of the pattern in the title attribute.
   # User agents may use the contents of this attribute when informing the user
   # that the pattern is not matched, or at any other suitable time, such as in a
   # tooltip or read out by assistive technology when the control gains focus.
   # When a control has a pattern attribute, the title attribute, if used, must
   # describe the pattern. Additional information could also be included, so long
   # as it assists the user in entering the field. Otherwise, assistive technology
   # would be impaired.

?

~fantasai