[whatwg] internationalization/localization

Ian Hickson wrote:
> As a user I don't want to care all that time zone nonsense. I just want to
> pick a time relative to my calendar, and have it Just Work.

+1.

For example, Outlook stores appointments in UTC, and then presents them
as local time everywhere - but it needs them in UTC first.

I also agree with Jim that there are situations where the application
*doesn't* want to know about timezones. For example, I think I've
mentioned a timesheet system I use at work. That deal exclusively with
local times ("I got to work at 9"), and so UTC doesn't make sense. But
for that, we have type="local-datetime".

Regards,
Malcolm