[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Does it make sense to have
>>
>>    type="uri" multiple="multiple"
>>    type="date" multiple="multiple"
>>
>> ...etc?
>>
>> How should those be submitted?
>
> Wouldn't this make the most sense if the multiple attribute behaved the
> same way on other elements, as it currently does with <select
> multiple="multiple">?  IIRC, when multiple values are selected, multiple
> name=value pairs are submitted, so therefore, if it were applied to uri
> and date inputs, as above, then multiple name=value pairs should also be
> submitted.

That doesn't degrade gracefully. In fact it degrades to a one-value
control, which is probably not what was intended.

> The only problem is that it may not degrade gracefully into older UAs,
> and would still need to submit a delimited list in one name=value pair,
> so the server would need to check whether multiple pairs were recieved;
> or, if only one was recieved, whether it contains a delimited list of
> values, or a single value.

You can't use commas to delimit, commas are valid inside "uri" values.
Indeed, everything is allowed insside "text" values, so there is no
character that can be used to delimit, as far as I can tell.