[whatwg] Comment on Forms 2.0: OPTGROUP Nesting

Just because something is a bad UI decision for 95% of the situations
doesn't mean it should not be implemented. There are times when you
wish to provide deep nesting, such as selecting from a deeply
hierarchical list of options. This is a perfect use for nested
optgroups.

I agree that it may be misused from the UI standpoint, but there are
times when you just need to implement something along these lines, and
have a good reason to do it - why should technical capabilities be
dictated by aesthetic sensibilities? (Even if we largely agree with
them)