[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:08:11 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>> As multiple input is used in every webmail application it is so common
>> we should consider the validation problem IMO..
>
> I fully agree that an input type for multiple email addresses would be
> very useful.

I think type="emails" would be useful in Webmail systems and similar, but
it's not entirely clear how it should be implemented; submitted as
multiple name/value pairs or one comma delimitted value, how it should
look, etc.

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:

>> Maybe allow the attribute "multiple" for some of the INPUT elements?
>
> That would be PERFECT :-)
> Ian, do you think this is possible and useful?

Does it make sense to have

   type="uri" multiple="multiple"
   type="date" multiple="multiple"

...etc?

How should those be submitted?

I think we should wait for WF3 before adding this.