[whatwg] Re: Transition from Legacy to Native rendering

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvors@online.no>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:35:45 +0200
On 26 Jun 2004 at 2:19, Jim Ley wrote:

> detecting IE is not enough, we need to detect an IE that doesn't
> support WF2

It's not that complicated with JavaScript and object detection after
all. Wouldn't something like this work?

if( form.templateElements ){
    // This UA supports the repetition model

}

if( form.validate ){
    // This UA probably supports input types and validation
    // At this point I assume these would be supported together.
    // We might have to deal with specific buggy UAs, but we should
    // worry about that when we get there IMO
}

if( form.resetFromData ){
    // This UA supports seeding a form from a data source

}

I assume these three would be everything most fixup scripts would
need to detect. (Obviously "form" is a variable pointing to a form
element.)
I may not have read the spec closely enough yet to understand all
three of these but I think I'm right.
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
hallvors at online.no / www.hallvord.com