Transition from Legacy to Native rendering - (was Re: [whatwg] repetition model)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:52:09 +0100, Malcolm Rowe
<malcolm-what at farside.org.uk> wrote:
> Ian Hickson writes:
> > Let's get back to basics. What exactly are the use cases for needing to
> > know if the UA supports an aspect of WF2?

Malcolm++

Do I execute my legacy fix up script?

Do I translate the values to their global formats?

> Admittedly, you might be able to do *both* for some of these, but some (the
> second one, particularly) would benefit from a means to detect WF2 support.

I think the legacy fix up is pretty much a requirement, and if not,
we'd have to do fishing around and assume support based on other
behaviour, not good at all.

Jim.