[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 Substantive - Section 5

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:

> On 23 Jun 2004 at 11:13, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
> > > # The values of file upload controls are the names of the files selected
> > > # by the user, not their contents.
> > >
> > > Does this include the path? (I think it should not, but you'd
> > > need to say so.)
> >
> > Fixed.
>
> Currently IE does include the path AFAIK. Opera does not. Unsure about
> Gecko. Perhaps you should say that servers must be prepared to remove
> paths from file names for legacy UAs but new WF2 UAs must send file name
> only?

Servers should always be ready for anything. Especially here, where the
path could be anything -- /foo/test, \\foo\test, ::foo:test, etc.

Not that it really matters, given that if the server is expecting a file,
the author won't be using one of those encoding types anyway.