[whatwg] repetition model

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>> The text/html MIME type RFC only allows XHTML that is "compatible" with
>> HTML4 to be used. Which basically means XHTML1 Appendix C. None of
>> which includes XForms in any way.
>
> yes, what does XHTML have do to with having namespaces in HTML
> documents?  text/html also allows anything that is tag soup.

XForms is not tag soup, though.

This is getting off-topic (and probably would be better dealt with on
www-forms) but I don't really understand how sending an XML document
(potentially containing XForms or SVG) as text/html and then having it be
interpreted as XML in some way can in any way be considered conformant.

>> XForms isn't backwards compatible. It doesn't gracefully degrade, for one.
>
> As you've been repeatedly ignoring my comments

Don't worry, I will be dealing with all comments in due course. I
currently have about 98 outstanding comments to deal with, many of which
are yours. I've been going through them in chronological order. I believe
I'm currently dealing with comments from last Tuesday or so.

>> (Also, XForms has a number of other problems. But that's off-topic for
>> this list.)
>
> Maybe if you'd raised them before REC they could've been addressed, if
> you did do, then they have, or it wouldn't be a REC, the W3 unlike the
> WHATWG have a defined and open process, and good error trackers.

I am aware of several people who tried to bring up these issues on the
XForms internal mailing list during XForms development who were dismissed
as not knowing what they were talking about or not getting "the big
picture", sadly.

But that is way off-topic for this list.