[whatwg] repetition model

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:38:01 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > Right, so there's actually no problem with extending IE today with an
> > XForms implementation, it's purely the code's not been written?
>
> The main problem would be IE's lack of styled XML support.(The only
> XForms implementations I know of involve sending IE text/html content,
> which according to the HTML working group must be parsed as HTML,

Could you cite the bit where the HTML WG say that text/html cannot
contain namespaces or must be parsed as HTML (whatever that means in
any case)?  the text/html mime-type is very liberal it's defined as
tag-soup, and clients are encou

Seen as a script only X-Forms in IE would be very similar to what
you're doing with REPEAT, I'm still not really seeing the motivation
behind the WHATWG approach. It's only IE6 legacy you want to support,
then XForms is not a problem, we could concentrate on getting real
evolution in web products.

Jim.