[whatwg] Something for the end-user??

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:35:21 +1200, Matthew Thomas <mpt at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On 20 Jun, 2004, at 12:28 PM, Doron Rosenberg wrote:
> > Granted a edge case, but I think offering a more powerfull solution
> > might make sense.

Except of course it needs to satisfactorially degrade on all existing
legacy UA's

> If Web Forms 2.0 makes doing the right thing easier, that'll be a fine
> thing. But there's no point in making doing the wrong thing easier,
> because that still wouldn't be as easy as hard-coding the format
> without using WF2 at all.

Absolutely, you'll end up in the same situation as we have with
datetime, and end up with a control which is fundamentally useless as
people just aren't able to think in global formats, forms have
localisation context and only the server really knows.

I think we could do with looking at each feature in WF2 for legitimate
use-cases and see how they meet those use cases.  As at the moment I'm
stuggling to see it on quite a few of them.

Cheers,

Jim.