[whatwg] Something for the end-user??

From: Matthew Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:13:03 +1200
On 20 Jun, 2004, at 1:41 AM, Doron Rosenberg wrote:

> While it makes sense to use the OS settings, a way to override them is
> probably still needed.  Amazon.com wants to calculate in dollars, even
> if you are coming from germany.

That's why I said: "OSes also have settings for displaying currency,
but I think these would be inappropriate for Web use, because Web sites
are often referring to currencies other than the user's local one."

That doesn't apply to date or number settings, so there's no need to
override those.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/