[whatwg] This step must be skipped if the form has no onreceived attribute

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:25:38 +0100
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:44:29 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > Why is the clear sign of having a listener for the event not sufficient?
> > What is the basic difference.
>
> It can be *significantly* more complicated to tell if the element has
> event listeners than to tell if it has an attribute, unfortunately.

Could you address the other points About re-serialisation of the DOM
leading to something radically different from what was intended (the
attribute should only be there if there was also an event listener
after a re-serialisation and parse it wouldn't be there.)

I realise you have a large job Ian going through all these comments,
but you often miss out some element of each post, I really do think an
issue tracker is important.

Jim.