[whatwg] Missing draft versions.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:01:06 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > The 13th June draft seems to have disappeared from the site, I'm sure
> > this oversight can be corrected quickly, without the version, the
> > comments on the mailing list do not make sense.
>
> The "current-work" version is always the current work. There is no dated
> version since if I was to make a dated version every time I created a new
> one, we would be in the thousands of versions by now.

How regrettable, but then it's been clear for awhile that process is
not an important consideration for yourself or the WHATWG.

Can I request that you do, perhaps you could use a public CVS
repository or something to enable proper discussion and archival,
without the overhead of publishing lots of versions.

Cheers,

Jim.